Friday, October 19, 2012

Being Liverpool: My favourite show on TV

  

The show gives the viewers a more intimate encounter with the club, giving the audience a type of "special connection" because you see so many intimate details of Liverpool  and you see just how dedicated the fans are. It really gives a more personal feel to the show. which is hard for an american to understand, they don't live in England, they don't know what's like, and the show gives an idea of what it's like. Which is why i think it's so critically acclaimed

Personally, it's can't miss TV for me. I love the club and enjoy the tiny glimpses into the "everyday" life of the club. I love seeing Gerard and Spearing dote on their daughters... seeing Jay drive through the Mersey Tunnel in his Range Rover, then by chance caught a glimpse of his dad on his job (with the Tunnel Authority) and wave at him was the highlight His son might be a professional footballer, but rather than mooch off of him or become an enabler, the elder Spearing carries on with his blue collar job.

I loved Rogers' obvious affection for Allen and Assaidi; love his hands on approach to coaching.My favorite part is when Rodgers calls Joe Allen, "the welsh Xavi" but then when they talk about what numbers for Allen to wear, Rodgers says number 6, no. If you were a defender then yes" 

I mean, it's shows like this I'd show to people who want to get more into the game but aren't able to do so because of time issues. Anything that can make Jamie Carragher (He's such a character) and Suarez seem more human is a good thing I believe, it's something unique to Liverpool too as I observe my actual mates who watch European football. There's is something I'd admit links Liverpool with nostalgia, and that stems from my mates who do go for Liverpool really encompassing a shared love of the club beyond just the pitch and the massive domination in the latter half of last century where they could bathe in glory. This show really does show that, and despite some flaws I think future productions will only get better.



No comments:

Post a Comment